AANA – AGENCE DE L’ALIMENTATION NOUVELLE-AQUITAINE
Marie Françoise GOULINAT
+ 33 (05) 56 01 33 23
The purpose of the AANA is to support and develop quality approaches, the promotion and enhancement of agricultural and agrifood products, know-how and territories in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, as well as support for producers and businesses in their markets, in order to participate in the creation of value and jobs and to strengthen the identity of the territory. AANA’s missions :
• Develop and implement a regional strategy for the SIQO sectors in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region in response to market and society expectations. Coordinate and support the structuring quality territorial initiatives initiated by the organized production sectors
• Communication and promotion, by all appropriate means, aimed at developing the image ans notoriety of the products of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region among consumers and prescribers, at local, national and international level
• Support and collectively promote agricultural, agrifood, maritime and wine-growing businesses in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region in France and internationally, through the organization of events or professional or general public meetings. Promote all means allowing a better supply of products from regional quality chains
Discover the products of our region
The area under vines in the region is around 216 000ha, or 29% of the national area. On the surface, Nouvelle-Aquitaine is the 2nd French wine region behind Occitanie. The sector brings together around 13 000 farms. The 2 large wine-growing areas in the region are :
• The Bordeaux vineyard (114 000 ha including 111 000 ha in PDO)
• The Charente vineyard (78 000 ha including 72 000 ha for Brandy / Cognac)
Other small vineyards are present in the other departments of the region and represent 24 000ha.
Some known appellations : Bergerac, Monbazillac, Pécharmant, Duras, Marmandais, Buzet, Tursan, Jurançon, Madiran, Irouleguy, Haut-Poitou, Vin paillé…
This is the sector that employs the most labor, 55% of employees permanent staff in the region.
DISCOVER THE PRODUCTS OF OUR REGIONSee products